Interior Decorator – Window Covering & Soft Furnishings Sales Consultant
Are you looking for your new career in interior decorating?
If you are passionate about interior design and want to help clients choose window coverings & custom soft furnishing elements, we want to hear from you. Previous sales experience &/or window covering experience is considered an asset, but not required. We are willing to train the right person. Must be available Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 5:00pm with possibility of occasional Saturdays, and have your own vehicle for in-home consultations with clients.
At L2 Interiors & Window Coverings we are passionate about customer service. Our sophisticated clients expect the best, and we deliver – every time. Our structured sales process provides our team members the tools required to fulfill this promise. We are looking to add 1-2 residential window covering / soft furnishing sales team members to our team. If you share our service values, we’d like to hear from you.
This is a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, sales position that will allow you to use your experience and confidence to drive sales results while ensuring acute attention to detail to ensure customers satisfaction – every time.
As part of the sales process you will be required to:
- Pre-qualify clients over the phone prior to your consultation time.
- Book in-showroom or in-home consultation with clients based on their availabilities.
- Be on time and prepared for your consultation.
- Offer a detailed presentation on several products to determine the best suited for the clients’ tastes and budget.
- Take accurate measurements of windows – a laser measure will be provided.
- Prepare accurate and detailed quotes during the consultation.
- Ask for the sale, close the sale.
- Follow up with the client if the sale is not completed during the initial consultation.
- Maintain a closing ratio specified by your manager.
- Maintain sales goals specified by your manager.
- Maintain a CRM daily with updates on your leads.
- Are passionate about interior design trends and have a great sense of style.
- Have experience in window covering sales including custom drapery design (preferred but not required).
- Have experience with Hunter Douglas, Shade-O-Matic, Graber Blinds, & Maxxmar product lines including a robust knowledge of motorization and automation offerings (preferred but not required).
- Are able to maintain sales goals, and have a strong desire to win the sale.
- Have an existing client base from whom you can solicit sales, network, and grow your business (preferred).
- Have a design degree, diploma, or certificate (preferred).
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Have current working knowledge of the software applications required – Direct Connect, Graber Direct, PIC Business (preferred), or are able to learn efficiently.
- Have professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Have an extremely high attention to detail.
- Are able to work alone while staying motivated (some work at home may be required), but also being able to work as a part of the team.
- Have excellent time management skills, are mature, well organized, and enthusiastic.
- Have a high level of commitment, dependability, and persistence.
- Are able to work Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, and the occasional Saturday.
- Are able to respond to unexpected challenges with confidence; including demanding clients.
- Have a strong desire to continue learning; regular product knowledge sessions are required.
- Are able to take accurate measurements of windows using primarily a disto laser measuring tool and on occasion a tape measure, and be responsible for any errors.
- Have a vehicle available to use for work including a valid driver’s license, registration, and insurance.
- Are able to provide a clean criminal record check.
- Provide you with qualified leads.
- Supply sample books.
- Offer a professional interior design showroom to work from, and the flexibility for some work from home.
- Offer a flexible schedule – no evenings/weekends (occasional Saturdays may be required).
- Let you be in control of your salary offering a base plus commission model.
- Offer the potential for advancement – We consider our current employees first when we have internal openings including advancement to the interior design team with L2.
- Support our window coverings sales team with extensive initial and ongoing training including regular product knowledge sessions, networking events, and team building events.
- Are an inclusive company.
Apply to hello@L2interiors.ca.